If you need to delete s WhatsApp group, there are some things that you need to consider first. Just because you are part of a group on WhatsApp does not mean that you have the same control as everyone else. So if you have to remove a group on your WhatsApp chat list on Android and iOS, this article will tell how the users can delete WhatsApp group properly.
Here are some scenarios of why you would want to delete a WhatsApp group on your message list. One is perhaps the group members are not active in WhatsApp anymore in the group. The second reason would be that you have grown tired of the group. Finally, maybe it started to become a nuisance rather than a good distraction.
I could list more tools to talk about, but that might get you bored to sleep. You already have an idea of where this knowledge will become useful to you. So instead, we will proceed to the step-by-step guide to get this over with users android devices and other smartphones. Let’s begin.
How to Delete WhatsApp Group
Did you know that any message you sent to the WhatsApp group chat has only seven (7) minutes allowance before you can delete them or a random person from the group? After that, you will only be able to delete the message on your own chatbox. Yet, it will remain for the rest of the group to see and read even after you tap “delete group.”
WhatsApp bunches are an incredible method to circle various individuals into one discussion, making it simple to share plans, photographs, and talk. As a rule, to erase a WhatsApp gathering, you need to have administrator admittance access to that specific gathering. You have admin rights. You can also delete an individual chat in the same manner.
Regarding how to delete a WhatsApp group, there are two scenarios to which you might belong to. Either you are a member, or you are the admin. So here is how it works for each of them.
You can also read more articles on: How to Appear Offline on WhatsApp without Disconnecting Internet, How to Add Someone on Whatsapp – Different Methods 2020, How to Get WhatsApp for PC App [Windows 10/8.1/7] in 2020
WhatsApp Group Chat Member
Being a member of a chat group, you do not have many options. You aren’t allowed actually to delete the group chat. But you are allowed to leave. So here is what you should do. Follow the steps below
- On WhatsApp messenger, open the group chat and choose the subject group name you want to leave or exit. (NOTE: You can also remove a person from WhatsApp groups)
- Once you are in, tap the three-dots located on the topmost right corner of the messenger and choose Group Info.
- Or you can tap the group name, and the Group Info will appear.
- Scroll down to the bottom and find the Exit Group.
- Click on it and confirm.
- You will then see that you are not a participant in the group anymore.
- If you want to delete the group’s chat history in your inbox, tap on the Delete Group and confirm.
WhatsApp Group Admin
Now being an admin of the group is totally a different thing. You can actually delete the group and kick out all its members. Here’s how to do it.
Totally Delete the Group
- Open the WhatsApp messenger.
- Tap on the group that you want to delete.
- Once you are in, tap on the three dots on the topmost corner of the screen.
- Or you can tap on the name of the group, and it will show the Group Info.
- Tap or long-press the name of every member and remove them one by one.
- At last, when you are the only one left in the group, find the Delete Group and confirm.
This method is best if you do not want the group to exist still after you leave. This is also advisable, especially if you do not want the group you created to be exploited by other people after you left.
Leave the Group
- Open the messenger.
- Tap on the group chat that you want to leave.
- Once you are in, tap on the name of the group to show the Group Info.
- Or you can tap the three dots on the topmost corner of the screen.
- Before you leave, it would be best if you choose a member to become the new Admin.
- Long-press on the name of the member that you want to replace you as admin. Confirm by tapping the Make Group Admin.
- Now scroll at the bottom and find the Exit Group. Confirm to leave finally.
- You may choose to delete the group if you do not want the group’s chat history in your inbox or just let it be.
This method is advisable if you want to leave and let the group stay and continue with its remaining member. Unfortunately, most admins do this because they become too busy or do not have the spare time to manage still and monitor the group’s activity.
There is an option to Mute the Group if you do not want to leave and not disturb you at the same time. This way, you can keep being the admin and visit the group whenever you want to.
The WhatsApp messenger is a great app for communicating with people that matter and people that you want to get to know more and take the initiative in communicating. It may not be the perfect messaging app yet, and you might get tired of the process, but it grows better with each WhatsApp update.
While these WhatsApp methods might lack some aspects that you want, you may find that WhatsApp is still working on improving the user experience of everyone. Perhaps you can join the WhatsApp beta Tester program so you can contribute to the app’s development. Ask us about exit group option, exit button, spam messages, sole admin, inappropriate message chat notifications/chat messages in phone settings, mute option, recall option or toggle option, delete option process, restrict group feature, current time limit, or anything from the article in the comment box below.
If you have any ideas you want to share with us, please comment on your message below. We will answer them as soon as we can. And please, do share this article with your friends if you found this page to be helpful.