Video nowadays is becoming the most popular source of entertainment as well as a medium of serving content to the audiences. The reason behind this is most of the people out there like visual graphics as it is very easy for them to go through the video and grasp the insight easily. Moreover, it is also easy for the creators also to make their point clear in front of the viewers.
But due to increasing competition, most people are switching to video making. If someone is looking to serve something unique and eye-catchy then they require pro-level video editing software and skill that can help them in their journey.
- 1 What is Video Editing Software?
- 2 Best Video Editing Software List
- 3 Video Editing Software List – Features
- 3.1 1. Blender
- 3.2 2. Lightworks
- 3.3 3. Da Vinci Resolve
- 3.4 4. Openshot
- 3.5 5. Avidemux
- 3.6 6. Adobe Premiere Rush
- 3.7 7. VideoPad
- 3.8 8. HitFilm Express
- 3.9 9. VSDC Free Video Editor
- 3.10 10. Shotcut
- 3.11 11. Movie Maker 10
- 3.12 12. Magisto
- 3.13 13. WeVideo
- 3.14 14. iMovie
- 3.15 15. Final Cut Pro X
- 3.16 16. Filmora 9
- 3.17 17. Core VideoStudio Ultimate
- 3.18 18. Horizon
- 3.19 19. Promo.com
- 3.20 20. Boomerang
- 3.21 21. Machete Video Editor Lite
- 3.22 22. Freemake Video Convertor
- 3.23 23. Quik
- 3.24 24. Adobe Premiere Pro
- 3.25 Frequently Asked Questions
- 3.26 Summing up
What is Video Editing Software?
The editing software has become a great opportunity for entrepreneurs to establish their client base. And attract more and more people toward their businesses through YouTube and social media. With the help of such software, one can make desirable videos for YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook advertising. It results in a huge influx of audience and money-making opportunities. But is it an easy task to decide on software that can do all this work for an editor?
The answer to this question is a big NO as it is a very lengthy procedure to get in touch with video editing software. One has to list out their requirements and the expense that they are ready to bear. That is why to ease the task of the editors we have listed out the best video editing software that one can opt-out from. So, let’s dive in and find together which tool will be the best for you out of a pile of Video Editing Tools.
Best Video Editing Software List
Let’s look at this table for our top picks in video editing software that beginners can use for complicated or simple video editing.
#1 TOP PICK
Video Editing Software List – Features
Here is a list of 24 best video editing software that one can try for any types of video editing and video making. Check them all out here.
Blender which is ranked as first in the list is a video editing software that is available for Windows, Linux, and Mac. The biggest reason why it has topped the list is the quality features and the free availability. Most people are unable to digest the fact that Blender is open-source with premium features that are available free of cost. Some of the best features of this software are.
- The editor can easily blend audio in the video along with its scrubbing and form various kinds of waveforms that enhance the quality of both audio and video.
- One can easily add 32 slots of videos and audios in a single video with the help of this platform.
- Speed controls transitions are also available in this editing app which can help a person form slo-mo videos easily.
- Users can have a live preview of the video along with histogram views.
- Various types of keyframe filters are available to attract the audience.
- Not for beginners.
- Compared to other similar software, it is a bit too complicated.
Lightworks video editing software is also available for Linux, Windows, and Mac which is powerful and has plenty of features which makes it an efficient tool for many people out there. Some of its power-packed features of this program are:-
- One can perform the task of high-precision trimming.
- This tool also allows exporting video footage to YouTube in 720p formats.
- Video formats available in Lightworks are huge.
- Have great video editing tutorial videos which make it more comfortable and easy for a newcomer to start their journey and clear the basics.
- The free version crashes randomly while working
- Complicated at first, especially with the VFX
All of these features available above are free of cost but in case someone is looking to work on high-quality 4K videos then they can also opt for the paid version which is available at a minimal price of $25.
3. Da Vinci Resolve
If you are looking for the most advanced video editing app then da Vinci Resolve is surely the one made for you. Some of the intriguing features of this app are:-
- Video slicing and trimming can be done alongside this app. With that, there are some added features of master audio editing and color correction.
- There are 2D and 3D angle title options in this app.
- One can proceed with the option of multicamera editing.
- No integration with external software like music production
- .MKV files can be exported but can’t be imported
Da Vinci Resolve app is available as both free versions as well as paid one for which one may need to make a payment of $357.01 which will be one time for unlocking the premiere pro version.
Available for Windows, Mac, and Linux, the Openshot video editing software is a totally open source. There is no paid version that helps it to make up to this position in the list. Its features are:-
- One can create unlimited track layers in a video in this particular software.
- Clip resizing. Snapping, rotating, and trimming is made very easy with this app.
- Have numerous title templates and offer 2D animated titles.
- The timeline offered in this software is very advanced which included many features like draw and drop and snapping also.
- Render time is not as fast as other similar software
- Sometimes crashes while using on Laptop
Beginners mostly prefer this software as it is simple to use navigation is optimized. Some activities that a person can easily perform with the help of this software are.
- Simple editing in the videos can be done with this platform.
- It also offers encoding features.
- One can apply filters to their videos
- No batch transcoding
- Too simple for professional use
This software is advised to those people who are new to the editing world and are looking forward to learning plenty of aspects before actually investing money as it is a free tool.
Also check the list of best project management software that every business should try in 2021.
6. Adobe Premiere Rush
This adobe software is available for editing videos on iPhone and Android platforms having some mind-blowing features. Some of them are mentioned below.
- One can add music tracks to the videos by selecting them from their personal library.
- Correction of colors is also available for making the video more realistic.
- Two different editing modes available named Freedom and automatic versions.
- Easy syncing with other Adobe staples with Adobe creative cloud system.
The cost of the single app of Adobe Premiere Rush is around $9.99 per month and the membership of the whole creative setup of adobe is provided at $52.99 in which Adobe Premiere Elements is also included.
VideoPad is again free software that is available for the users with some high-quality features. There are a variety of free features that are not less than a dime. Some of them are:-
- Special effects of 3-D editing can be introduced to video.
- One can check out the composition styles of videos through the platform.
- Editing with special video effects and layouts is made easy with transition effect.
- Double built-in screen for easing the editing task.
- Social media optimized polishing of videos can be done.
All these premium features are available for free and for using them a person should own either a Mac or Window device.
8. HitFilm Express
Those editors who don’t have any prior experience in writing may choose this video editing software. This is a simple to use software for advanced users which is worth learning. Some features of this software are:-
- Professional video editing bundled with motion sensor and cropping tools.
- Animation of two surreal separate shots is very easy with HitFilm Express.
- Video Footage and audio timeline creation are very easy.
- Many types of transition options are introduced like push, zoom, and dissolve.
- Audio cross-over and tuning is a special feature of this tool.
The tool is available for free also but to unlock some professional editing options one needs to pay $349.
9. VSDC Free Video Editor
VSDC is software for desktop that is available in both the paid as well as free version. Advanced features of this tool are:-
- One can take the help of a color correction tool for more vividness in the video.
- Filters available on Instagram are also incorporated here.
- Gives the ability to share links for various YouTube and social media platforms are available.
- The video produced will be compressed with full advancement which helps to maintain the quality of it within minimum file size.
For a pro version, one may need to pay around $19.99.
Shotcut is also an open-source platform for video editing that has some video tutorials to help out a basic editor. Features offered by this platform are:-
- A wide variety of video editing options is available on this platform.
- Option of timeline editing is provided which saves plenty of time for the editor.
- Mixing of different formats of videos is also allowed by this platform.
- Audio Editing options are also available in a wide range.
The software is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux users.
11. Movie Maker 10
If your requirement is convenient video editing software then you must choose Movie Maker 10 which is made for Windows. Features that can be availed with this tool are:-
- While editing a video when an editor is pouring effects in the video then at that time this tool generates an automatic preview.
- One can create customizable cuts with auto-movie options.
- There is a personalized animation tab for music, titles, and credits.
The services of this tool can be availed by directly jumping to the installation process without paying any price.
Check out the list of best CRM software to maintain workflow and customer relationships while running your business.
Those who are using Chromebooks must know about this great tool, Magisto. Most of the business owners having YouTube channels rely on this tool for their editing tasks. Some of its features are:
- The theme of wide varieties is available.
- Options of facial recognition and auto-cropping are available.
- Auto editing available which looks professional.
- Downloading of unlimited HD movies.
This tool is available for iOS and Android smartphones having both free version and premium version which can cost you $4.99.
It is online video editing software that helps you out edit all your videos online and doesn’t require any downloaded version of the tool. it is suitable for all categories of users having some amazing features listed below.
- There are a video and music library having plenty of videos, images, and audio files available in it.
- One can export and down 4k movies easily.
- The option of unlimited cloud storage is provided to editors.
- Storage space is unlimited for uploading and editing videos.
The tool is available for all platforms ranging from iOS to Android and from Chromebook to Windows. The price of the premiere pro version of this tool is around $4.99 which will be reoccurring after every 30 days.
it is a Mac OS video editing software that is only available on the Apple interface. It is considered one of the best tools for YouTube marketing. Some features of this Mac tool are:
- An editor can create cinema-quality films and support HQ 4k resolution videos.
- There are many contemporary video filters that can help an editor achieve professional credit.
- There are many sound effects and voiceover’s available in the tool.
- There is a speed controlling feature in the tool which works fantastically.
The tool is available for free and works only with Mac.
15. Final Cut Pro X
This tool is also a Mac exclusive tool that looks like iMovies but has major differences when it comes to features of which some of them are discussed below.
- The output projected by this tool is of high resolution.
- After applying a file a person can take a preview.
- Without facing any loss in quality of the image and video editor can edit with scaling.
- There is a choice of many formats for users on this platform.
The price that one needs to pay for buying the premiere pro version of this interface is $300 but it is worth the money keeping in mind the features.
16. Filmora 9
Filmora 9 is video editing software that provides its user every important feature that is a must for video editing. Some of them are:-
- One can include filters, form transitions, implement custom captions and elements to a video while editing.
- There are libraries which user can go through when in need of sound, images or video stocks.
- Supports 4k video footage smoothly.
It is a free tool that is available for the Windows platform.
17. Core VideoStudio Ultimate
This tool is known for providing the most diverse editing options overall. One gets astonished when they read the features offered by the platform. They are:-
- 360-Degree Video editing option
- Virtual reality support is also available.
- Motion tracking with 4k video format support is also available.
The price one needs to pay for the premiere pro version of this tool is around $99.99.
The name of this tool is based on the feature it equips. No matter in which position your phone is, this tool will always capture the video horizontally. This issue is faced by many people as in the urge of taking a video one tilts their phone and it starts recording vertically. But with this tool, this issue is resolved. It is simple to use and is available for use in Android and iOS as an advanced tool. the tool costs nothing but there are some in-app purchases for unlocking premiere pro editing options and starting mobile video editing.
If you are looking for a tool that can fulfill your Instagram and Facebook needs then you should go with this one. The reliable features are:-
- Options of brand and text overlaying are available.
- Direct sharing of video files to social sharing.
- Resolution of the video in HD.
- Has the ability to split and merging of videos.
The app has no free version and one has to pay $29.99 for this premiere pro tool.
Boomerang is the latest and trending interface for editing small videos for social media. As the name suggests in this tool small video clips are inserted and it makes that video clip repeating the video shot. The powerful features of this intuitive interface are:-
- Smoothens the video bumps.
- Make loops back and forth
- Makes the video tracks sharing easily.
It is a no-cost tool available for Android and iOS.
21. Machete Video Editor Lite
This windows exclusive tool has some power-packed features named.
- Cutting, copying, and pasting small fragments of videos.
- Integration of various video formats.
- Extract streaming videos and save them as a file.
There is a free version of this software but for unlocking premiere pro offerings one has to buy the tool which can cost $19.95.
22. Freemake Video Convertor
It is a video modifier and convertor basically used for extraction of audios and transitions of video formats and make slideshows. Some of its features are:-
- Conversion of the video is instant and smooth with this tool.
- Subtitles movies can also be converted.
- There are more than 500+ formats of videos available.
- Support 4k which is most important.
This Windows tool is also free of cost and can be used as a very good helping tool.
Quik is a tool made in collaboration with GoPro camera makers having basic but exciting features. They are:-
- It can search your video content and find great moments automatically.
- Makes the editing task fast.
- There is an option of automatic edit but if you want it manually then you can choose that also.
It is available for both Android and iOS mobile devices for no cost which is considered best for mobile video editing.
24. Adobe Premiere Pro
It is an advanced video editor which is used by professional for flexible video editing which can be broadcasted to TV and also used for Hollywood movie editing.
- It allows a person to work on many projects simultaneously.
- VR editing is also available.
- Special Audio Editing effects can be introduced.
- YouTubers can also provide titles to videos and graphics to it.
The cost one has to pay for this premiere pro tool is around $239.88 for a whole year subscription. There are other tools from Adobe that are worth considering like Adobe Premiere Elements.
Frequently Asked Questions
The tool that you should consider must depend on the need. There are many professional features that are not available in the normal tool and if you as an editor as looking for those features then you should go for a paid version to give more professional touch to your work.
To select the best tool for yourself, you should start listing your requirements on first hand. After listing you should start comparing them with the features mentioned above and you will get your perfect tool option in front of you.
The Adobe tools listed above and also the Final Cut Pro tool is the choice of professionals. They choose these tools because of their professional features and smooth interfaces.
The tool which will help you with your YouTube Video editing is Lightworks. It will help in performing edits that are specially designed for the platform and also have an integrated YouTube option which makes the process of uploading and downloading seamlessly.
The above discussed is a list of premium video editors which one should keep in their mind and according to their requirements, they should pick one. From basic to professional level all tools as added to this list which best suits the editors’ choices.