If you regularly shop for items online and hang around sites such as Amazon, you’ve probably wondered, “Does Amazon take PayPal as payment?” Technically speaking, you can use PayPal to pay for your items on Amazon, but it won’t be straightforward. You can still spend PayPal cash and use it indirectly on Amazon. But before we talk more about it, make sure to check out our other articles on Brighter Guide.
If you have some money to spend from PayPal courtesy of your little online business’s profits and want to buy something on Amazon e-store, you will be disappointed. Amazon does not take PayPal as a form of payment. One of the reasons is because Amazon considers PayPal as direct competition in some form.
Now, you can always find another seller or e-store online. There’s eBay, Walmart, Gearbest, Best Buy, Ali Express, Flipkart, and many more, where your direct competitors sell. You might find the exact or similar item from those outlets.
But let’s say that the item you want is only available on Amazon, is there a workaround for that? Is there a way to use PayPal funds on Amazon? Yes, there is away.
Did you know that you can do a lot with your PayPal account? Learn how to issue an invoice, the associated PayPal fees, receive money, and withdraw money.
How to use PayPal Funds on Amazon
There are several ways that you can use PayPal as a payment option for your purchases on Amazon. Albeit not straightforward, these methods are safe and legitimate. Just follow the simple steps below, and you should be back to shopping in no time.
- PayPal Cash Card
- PayPal Business Debit Card
- Buying Amazon Gift Card
You might be wondering, “Wait, aren’t Amazon Gift cards exclusively available on Amazon?” Well, the good news is these gift cards are also available in other third-party e-stores as well. There will be some suspicious sites that will claim that they are selling Amazon Gift cards. To avoid being victimized by these scams, we will only give you the one to try and test ourselves.
You may purchase legitimate Amazon Gift Cards from the MyGiftCardSupply official website. Just follow the simple steps below:
- Open your web browser (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox) and type in the MyGiftCardSupply official website on the search bar.
- Once on the site, you can choose to sign up for an account or not. Either way, you are still allowed to purchase any gift card from their list.
- In this case, we will be getting an Amazon Gift Card; you can search for it or scroll a little bit. You should see the Amazon Gift Card logo.
- Click on it, and you will see the available Amazon Gift Cards with their denominations. These denominations will range from $5 to $500.
- Choose your preferred gift card denomination during the checkout process.
- On the final page, you will be asked which mode of payment you want to use.
- Choose PayPal and log into your PayPal account.
- Review the information you entered, and submit it to finalize payment.
You can use the same method in other e-stores that sell Amazon Gift Cards and accept PayPal as a payment mode.
How to Use Amazon Gift Cards
Now that you’ve purchased your Amazon gift card, the next step would be using it to pay for your purchases. There are two ways to use these gift cards. The first one is using it through your Amazon account gift card balance. The second one is through checkout.
Via Amazon Account Gift Card Balance
You may use your Amazon Gift Cards for purchasing through Amazon account gift card balance. Just follow the simple steps below:
- Log in to your Amazon account.
- On the Account tab, click “Your Account.”
- Click on the Gift Cards button.
- Click on the “Redeem a Gift Card” button.
- Locate the claim code on the back of the card.
- Enter the gift card code that you purchased.
Important Note: The claim code isn’t the 16-digit card number.
If you do not want to go through all the fuss of adding the gift card amount to your account, you may do so via the checkout. Follow the steps below:
- Go to the item that you want to purchase.
- Click on it to see the overview of the product.
- Hit the “Add to Cart” button.
- On the next page, click on the “Proceed to Checkout” button.
- You will be prompted to sign in. Just enter the required detail to sign in or use the “get a sign-in code in your email” button.
- Once you sign in, click on the “Deliver to this Address” button if it is, in fact, your delivery address.
- On the next page, choose your delivery option, then click the “Continue” button.
- Now, this is the part where you get to choose your payment method. Click on the “Enter a gift card or promotional code” button.
- Click “Apply,” and that’s it.
Did you know that you can use your PayPal on other sites? Check out our guides for Steam, Karma Koin, and Ethereum.
Using Credit Card
There is always a way to use PayPal funds on Amazon. It would help if you recalled that PayPal uses a credit card and bank accounts for verification. That, too, might be usable on Amazon. Just transfer the funds from PayPal to your credit card, and you should make it work a lot easier.
If you get the picture, then this should also light a bulb on top of your head. Here is a list of other Amazon accepted methods:
- Visa Electron
- American Express
- UK-based Maestro and Solo cards
- US-Based Checking accounts
As you can see, that’s two ways to use your PayPal funds on Amazon. Although the gift card method will cost you a bit higher, it is doable. If you know another e-store that sells cheaper Amazon gift cards, we encourage you to tell us in the comment section. It could help other PayPal users out there.
Is there a different way to spend PayPal funds on Amazon? If you do, please do us a favour and let us know in the comments area. We’d like to learn more so that we can assist our PayPal users.
Amazon is one of the largest shopping apps in the world. Other than a debit card, net banking, and credit card, you can use different digital payment methods or services to purchase Amazon gifts. From online retailer, rewards cards, PayPal-purchased Amazon gift card and other such queries, you may ask or leave a message down below. We will try to help out as much as we can. And don’t forget to share this article with your friends and loved ones. This could save them a lot of trouble.
1 thought on “How to Use PayPal on Amazon in 2021 – Step by Step Guide”
Interesting to see Amazon trying to find out that people outside the US are using PayPal for payouts. If I had to guess, I’m thinking to use PayPal more often than not.