You will notice that when using VLC to play videos, each time you select a video with a different screen resolution, the size of the VLC window changes dimensions depending on the resolution of the new file playing. Brighterguide is here to give you most reliable details about VLC media player interface Mac.
A low-resolution file will play in a tiny window, and the next high-resolution file you play expands the window until it blocks everything else from view. Brighter guide.com covers vast topics related to technology, and you can browse through the issues.
It is annoying, if not frustrating, to have to continually change the window dimensions of the VLC player whenever you play several files one after another with different screen resolutions. These changes can easily interrupt your work, and here is how to stop it. Discover also how to update BIOS, Chrome disable automation extension, and how to add height of edittext dynamically.
Block the Resizing Feature
The VLC Media Player is a powerful, efficient app in Mac that plays all kinds of media in several formats on your Mac. Having the VLC app on your device allows you to download and watch anything, and you don’t have to worry about sizes, compatibility, or conversions. Launch the VLC player application. You don’t need to play any particular file to carry out the steps below.
- At the top of the VLC window, there is an array of options available to customize your VLC player’s settings. Tap on Tools option.
- A drop-down appears below the option. Scroll down the menu and select the Preferences section. You can alternatively, press Ctrl + P ( a shortcut to the same command).
- The previous command opens a new window that carries an array of choices. From here, you can control how to interact with the program, from the interface to the hotkeys. Look under the Interface section of the page, and find the “Look and Feel” segment.
- From this page segment, there is an option titled “Resize Interface to Video Size.” You have now found where the settings that make VLC change its size according to different videos. Now uncheck the box next to the option: This move will prevent this feature from affecting the VLC presentation in the future.
- Tap Save and to restart VLC and for the changes effect.
- The app plays almost any audio or video file without the need for additional codecs
- The apps’ last update was on 10/09/19
- In the past six months, the app has had three updates
- You will find 0 flags on VirusTotal
- You can also use it with on iOS and Windows
The method above may not be favorable for you. But we will achieve the same using a different approach.
- 1. Hold down win + R then type: userprofile/AppData/Roaming/VLC in the new window that will pop up and press Enter
- The above command takes you to the VLC folder that carries files that relate to the program. You will see a file titled VLRC. Use the notepad to Open the VLRC file.
NOTE: Before you use this method, make a separate copy of the original VLRC file. You make a copy of the original to shield you if you make a mistake that is irreversible doing modifications to the data. The additional text will be useful to replace the damaged file with the original one.
- A long list of coded lines across the page appears. The Edit option is at the top. Click Find from the drop-down menu and search for “Resize Interface to the native Video Size.”
- Find “Resize Interface to the native Video Size” highlighted it from the search results, then change then move the line from 1 to 0
- Click on the File tab, then the Save option to save the changes or press ctrl + S
What the Resize Feature Accomplishes
VLC resizes according to different file resolutions to show you the best possible image from the video file. Keeping the VLC window at a constant size by disabling the resize option means that the video quality of the video images will suffer. When the display window is either too big or too small for a video, the quality is automatically altered. You can also read YouTube alternatives where you can download videos to play in VLC.
VLC stands for VideoLAN Client or Visible Light Communication .
VLC is an open-source multimedia player that plays most files such as DVDs, VCDs, audio CDs, and today’s typical type of storage Flash disks across different platforms.
VLC is authentic with sleek features for you to download and use. However, make sure you download it from an approved site to avoid infecting your device with malware.
VLC is popular for good reasons only.
1. It is free
2. It supports all file formats without support from other codecs
3. VLC optimizes video and audio playback for different devices
4. The app supports streaming, and it can extend with downloadable plugins
Launch the media player and click on Tools, select Preferences or choose to use the shortcut Ctrl + P. Tap continue under interface Payback and uncheck the option. Select Save for the changes to take effect.
Changing the dimensions of the VLC window is a way to optimize the viewing of different resolutions. It gets pretty annoying to continually deal with a changing VLC window from tiny to covering the whole screen.
Fortunately, the methods above will help you sort the problem once and for all. Share your experiences about VLC resizing below.