Using Chrome too much can lead to eye strain. This is most common when a person is reading for more extended hours using the Google browser. This is due to Chrome’s white background that blasts off bright lights straight to your eyes. Even if you are using the lowest brightness setting on your laptop or PC, it can still happen especially if you have been using Chrome for more than two hours.
There is something you can do about it. After doing a lot of research I found that Chrome has many extensions, customizations, and plugins that can make your life a lot easier? And one of these plugins can help you with your eyes problem. You can put your Chrome in night mode.
If you are one of those people that need the night mode solution on Chrome, we can help you with that. Just follow this brief instruction, and you should be done in a few minutes. Recommended Read: The Best VPN Services For 2018.
How to put Google Chrome on Night Mode
- From the Chrome web browser, go to the Chrome Web Store.
- On the Web Store search bar, type in Dark Night Mode and press the Enter key.
- When you see the Dark Night Mode, click on the Add To Chrome button on the right side of the screen.
- Wait for a few seconds until a pop-up notification appears. Click on the Add Extension button.
- A notification on the right side of the screen will confirm that the Dark Night Mode is installed successfully.
- You will find that a new icon with the Dark Night Mode has been added near the Google Chrome’s 3-dots Settings area. Click on it and choose to On or Off the Dark Night Mode on the browser. Below is a demonstration of chrome dark mode, techbrighter.com with chrome night mode SEE ALSO: Chrome Alternatives: 7 Other Super Fast Browsers.
The Dark Night Mode extension can help you lessen the eye strain that you experience due to longer exposure to your screen’s bright light. This will also help with the eye fatigue that is common to people that read too much using their browser.
The user must remember that not all web pages can be converted to night mode especially the ones that have higher security protocols. That is also for your own good especially if the site you are accessing is a finance-related website. Other than that, you will be able to enjoy the night mode on your device’s Google browser.
That is the simplest way of putting Chrome browser on night mode. If you know of other ways to do this, you may share it with us through the comment section.
If you have other concerns or suggestions, feel free to speak up by commenting down below. We would love to learn your ideas and opinions.